Apply to join our Visitor Services team today!
Weekend & seasonal positions open until filled.
Flexible hours & scheduling available
The Stockyards Ag Experience is seeking hourly employees serve as members of our weekend Visitors Services team. As an integral part of the organization’s service to its mission and visitors at our Falls Park location in Sioux Falls, the Visitor Services staff will perform duties including operational assistance and customer service. The Visitor Services staff will be both a public face of the Stockyards Ag Experience and vital to the behind-the-scenes operations management. The overall purpose of the position is to ensure that visitors to the Stockyards Ag Experience have a pleasant interaction with staff and volunteers.
About the Stockyards Ag Experience
The Stockyards Ag Experience develops the connection between agriculture and daily life with learning experiences that highlight history, science, culture and economic impact.
Our vision is a community where citizens and visitors recognize the impact of agriculture.
The Stockyards Ag Experience
• Preserves the history & legacy of the Sioux Falls Stockyards;
• Showcases the farm to table story;
• Provides a dynamic, interactive learning center for people of all ages;
• Communicates the role of agriculture in society & economy.
About the Position
- Assist with Stockyards Ag Experience operations, including opening and closing procedures and frontline guest services
- Meets and greets guests at main entrance reception desk and lower level entrance
- Provides general information about the Stockyards Ag Experience, exhibits and the Sioux Falls community
- Records daily visitor census information
- Compiles and reports collection of ZIP codes
- Answers the telephone and directs calls
- Light housekeeping to maintain clean, tidy exhibits and a top-notch experience for all guests
- Address and resolve visitor issues
- Assist in management of volunteers and docents
Education and experience
High school graduation required; college attendance and/or graduation preferred. Knowledge of or interest in education, history and agriculture beneficial. Experience in customer service, admission and ticketing systems/software desirable but not required.
- Personal computing
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written fluency in English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team while exercising diplomacy
- High level of organization and flexibility
As weekend part time employees, the Stockyards Ag Experience visitor services staff members will be expected to work during the museum’s weekend hours of operations which will include evenings, weekends and some holidays. The Stockyards Ag Experience Barn will operate on a seasonal schedule with extended hours during the summer season. Some weekday hours may be available. The Stockyards Ag Experience is a team of visitor services staff, so an alternating weekend schedule is expected.
Submit cover letter, resume and three references to Abby Bischoff, executive director, at director (at) stockyardsagexperience (dot) org. Positions open until filled. Questions may be addressed to the same email address.