Summer is in full swing at Falls Park and the Stockyards Ag Experience is thrilled to be a part of it! Since we moved to free admission on May 1, we’ve seen a huge increase in visitors plus a lot of exciting things have been happening in our neighborhood. More than ever, we know Falls Park is a destination for families to spend an afternoon or more. Here’s a glimpse at all the great things happening!
Six Things Happening Near the Stockyards Ag Experience This Summer
- Levitt Shell Sioux Falls! Our neighbors just up Phillips Avenue have two weekends of concerts under their belt and it’s amazing. They are putting on 30 free concerts in their inaugural season and we love the energy, excitement and community that Levitt brings to Sioux Falls and our Falls Park neighborhood.
- Falls Overlook Cafe by Stensland! We’ve been big fans of the Stensland Family Farms for years now. They’ve been great partners for us on events and do an incredible job of sharing their ag story through their stores, products and tours at their farm. Now they are right across the bridge at Falls Park and there’s nothing we love more than seeing visitors checking out the park with a cone of Stensland Ice Cream! Well, maybe we love the ease of walking over and getting one of their bacon and cheese curd grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. YUM!
- BronzeAge Art Casting is bringing art and creativity to the East side of Falls Park with their monthly art markets and events where you can watch a bronze sculpture being poured. We love all the cool things they are doing and are so excited to have them in the neighborhood. Their next Falls Art Market is July 27.
- Falls Park Farmer’s Market! You can’t talk about summer time in Falls Park without mentioning the Farmer’s Market. Open from 8 AM – 1 PM on Saturdays, this Farmer’s Market is AMAZING. Whether you’re looking for flowers, vegetables or farm-fresh meats, our neighbors to the North have it all! Not only are there amazing local producers selling their food and goods, but they have music and several booths have some of THE BEST caramel rolls around. It’s so great to check out all the local goodies and watch the offerings change throughout the season. Don’t forget to stop over to the Stockyards Ag Experience barn after you’re done at the Farmer’s Market (we open at 10 AM on Saturdays).
- The Falls! How can you swing by Falls Park and not spend some time appreciating our city’s namesake? Now that the spring flood waters have receded a bit, the park is in perfect condition for families to explore the beauty of the Falls. With some new viewing platforms to be finished shortly, visitors will have additional safe spots to check out the majesty of our natural attraction. The Sioux Falls Parks & Recreation Department does an incredible job keeping Falls Park in tip-top shape for our visitors and we love it.
- Visitor’s Center – Don’t miss a quick swing through the Visitor’s Center run by the Sioux Falls Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. Not only do they have a store full of great Sioux Falls gear to buy, but you can access the visitor’s tower through their facility and get a bird’s eye view of Falls Park. It’s AWESOME!
So, whether you’re visiting Sioux Falls for the first time, or are a resident that’s never stopped down before – now’s the time! There’s so much to do and we’re so glad to be a part of it.